Re: why can't gnumake utilize non-filename pattern rules?

From: Henrik Carlqvist
Subject: Re: why can't gnumake utilize non-filename pattern rules?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:18:54 +0100

Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> wrote:
> make won't work - it simply skips the pattern rule.

I have a vauge memory about a bug in gnu make 3.80. If I remember right
the bug caused make to skip pattern rules at some circumstances. For
me it helped to upgrade to version 3.81 of gnu make to avoid the problem.

Are you using a version of gnu make older than 3.81?

regards Henrik
root@localhost postmaster@localhost