automake / libtool question - static libs

From: flopbucket
Subject: automake / libtool question - static libs
Date: 12 Apr 2007 08:49:12 -0700

Hi,

I am using automake/autoconf/libtool and it works fine generating
shared libs, etc.  However, I need to make static libs now and I can't
see how to tell libtool to do so.  I know I can pass -static but I am
not using libtool directly, I am using it via automake.

My project has one subdir with code that is built into a shared
library, and another subdir contains code that builds into an
executable that uses that library.  Normally it works fine with shared
libs, but I now want the build the library as a normal static lib and
have the executable use that.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks