Automake + Gettext: can't get them to generate my translations

From: pierre-luc
Subject: Automake + Gettext: can't get them to generate my translations
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:37:15 -0700

Hi,

I've been working on my own project for some months now, I figured out
how to get gettext in place in my app.  I can manually start the
generation of the translated app (*.mo) but it is not created by the
Makefile... I've seem my app in French and Spanish, therefore I know
the base blocks are in place.

My question is: how do I get the translations to be generated when I
build my app?

The application is on sourceforge: http://sofa.sf.net I suggest you
get the latest SVN :
svn co https://sofa.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sofa sofa

My current status: po/Makefile: LINGUAS is empty... can't figure out
why!

Thanks for your help,

Pierre-Luc Beaudoin