Re: HP-UX Chicken/Egg with binutils?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: HP-UX Chicken/Egg with binutils?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:09:37 -0600

Andrew Fabbro wrote:
> So to build gcc on HP-UX, I need to build binutils first, as the GNU
> docs say gas is required for HP-UX + itanium.

Yes.

> So I go to compile binutils-2.9.1...and I can't get it to recognize
> my host...?

Wow.  Binutils-2.9.1 is quite old from around 1998.  I didn't look
closely but I think ten years ago was before ia64 support was added! :-)

Please use a newer version.  Version 2.18 is listed as the current
release.  I think you will have much better luck.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/

Bob