link objects that are up the directory tree

From: earthwormgaz
Subject: link objects that are up the directory tree
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:53:52 -0700 (PDT)

I've got the following to pull in my source files, however, I want to
pull in .o files from another program (I'm writing Unit Tests for it).

# the object files that we need to compile
OBJS_$(d) :=  $(patsubst %.cpp,%.o,$(foreach obj, $(wildcard $(SRCDIR)$
(d)/*.cpp), $(notdir $(obj)))) \
        ../path/someOther.o

I end up with errors like this though ...

/path/to/program/../path/someOther.d: cannot create

and other similar errors. Any ideas?