Re: Controlling script execution without environment variables based on

From: John Bartley K7AAY
Subject: Re: Controlling script execution without environment variables based on
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

On May 16, 7:32 am, ak...@chebucto.ns.ca (Richard Bonner) replied:
> ***   I have not used grep.

Dude, you HAVE to go to gnuwin32.sourceforge.net - the core utilities
and text utilities there, alongside the GNU version of grep for XP,
will make your day.  The XMLstarlet program is just icing on the
Timmie's doughnut, and has save my back bacon a considerable number of
times.

> Is it just a text string for which you are looking?

In a 17GB file. grep handled it nicely, so I used grep instead of
find.