Re: Diff in behavior gcc 4.2 and 3.3.6

From: parag
Subject: Re: Diff in behavior gcc 4.2 and 3.3.6
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 01:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 12:29 pm, parag <parag_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi All,
> Since gcc 4.2 has removed the extra slashes that used to come in the
> warnings in case of gcc 3.36
> we have to change hundreds of logs internally now. ( actually it is
> thousands of logs )
> Is there a way we can revert back to old behavior in case of warning
> output.
>
> in case of gcc 4.2 . Also is there any way to get the old warning
> messgae system back

Problem can be reproduced with any C file which has warnings.

Sample:

#include <stdio.h>;
int main() {
        printf("Hello World\n");
        return 0;
}

QSCA output (gcc 3.3.6):

anag@vgamddual18[304] gcc .././TEST.c
../TEST.c:2:21: warning: extra tokens at end of #include directive

QSCB output (gcc 4.2.2):

anag@vgamd226[104] gcc -g .././TEST.c
.././TEST.c:2:21: warning: extra tokens at end of #include directive