Re: date.exe: Permission denied

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: date.exe: Permission denied
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:27:53 -0700

Davin Pearson wrote:
> Running the command date.exe from a DOS prompt like so:
> C:\cygwin\bin>c:\cygwin\bin\date.exe
> results in the following error message:
> Access is denied.
> It used to work fine for me, so what am I doing wrong?
> Do I have the wrong CHMOD permissions for a file or folder?

Very likely this is an MS specific problem.  Therefore you would
probably get better information from the Cygwin mailing lists.

  http://cygwin.com/lists.html

I know that from my own perspective I do not use MS and therefore this
isn't something that I could know the anser to.  The symptoms don't
make any sense from a GNU / Unix perspective.

Bob