GNU Grep on Windows XP

From: Gadrin
Subject: GNU Grep on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:45:31 -0800 (PST)

rem             I've downloaded the page at http://forums.mysql.com/index.php
rem             and saved it to the MYSQL-Index.html file below. I wanted to
rem             use GNU GREP to grab all the <a> with the current date in them
rem             so I can see out of the myriad of forums which ones have current
rem             posts in them. Using DOS Batch file.

rem             The first GREP works fine, but the 2nd one I'm getting:
rem             grep: >: Invalid argument
rem             grep: J:\Temporary\Forums-2.html: No such file or directory

rem             as it can't seem to split the PATTERN and the redirection
character
rem             and thinks the last is another input file.

rem             I've tried quoting the ?, placing filenames inside of "%Out1%
and
rem             even escaping the ^> or \> but it doesn't work. Anyone have a
clue?

set Index1=C:\zCDROMS\wbtTemp\MySQL-Index.html
set Out1=J:\Temporary\Forums.txt
set Out2=J:\Temporary\Forums-2.html

grep -B10 "forum-last-post.*>December 09" %Index1% > %Out1%
grep "php?[0-9].\"" %Out1% > %Out2%