gnutar 1.26 on OSX

From: Joe Bazooka
Subject: gnutar 1.26 on OSX
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 19:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.

I need to get a hold of the latest version of GNU tar to create some custom
size multi-volume archives on my mac. My coding skills are limited, and it
would take me a stupid long time to make it myself. I don't really want to
install code tools just to perform this one function.  Does anyone know where
to find a ver 1.26 OSX binary, or would like to take a stab at compiling one?
It would be very much appreciated. If this isn't possible to do, for whatever
reasons beyond my knowledge, please also let me know.

Thanks
Joe