Re: [Help-gnucap] Oscillator

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Oscillator
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:02:40 -0600

On Sunday 05 May 2002 08:24, xHeCS wrote:
> Is it possible to simulate a multivibrator using gnucap. It
> requires IC to be set so as to initialize oscilation.
>
> Here is an example that use with spice-opus

(circuit not copied here).

Sorry about the delay.

Initial conditions work.  The problem with this circuit is that you
have uncovered a bug with multiply coupled inductors.  This is a real
known bug. Thanks for providing a circuit that demonstrates it.

Another comment. ..

With Gnucap, it is not necessary or desirable to insert voltage
sources as current probes.  All devices will tell you their current
if you ask.  For example:  IE(Q1) is the emitter current of Q1.
Actually, there are lots of probes available.  If the one you need is
missing, it is easy to add, and if you tell me I can add it to the
official version.