[Help-gnucap] Books on Circuit Simulation Software Design

From: Nuno Miguel Fernandes Sucena Almeida
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Books on Circuit Simulation Software Design
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:18:25 +0100

Hello,
        this is a bit off topic but here it goes. Which books do you
recomend for learning circuit simulation software design? From the
following or any other, which one would you buy? I went to the local library
and brought home:

        - Computer Methods for Circuit Analysis and Design (1983 Edition)
                Jiri Vlach ; Kishore Singhal
        (there's a new 1993 Edition, but I don't have access to it)

        - Circuit Simulation Methods and Algorithms (1994 Edition)
                Jan Ogrodzki
                CRC Press

        - Analog Methods for Computer-Aided Circuit Analysis and Diagnosis
                (1988 Edition)
                edited by Takao Ozawa

        - Computer-aided design of microwave circuits (1981 edition)
                K. C. Gupta, Ramesh Garg, Rakesh Chadha
                Artech House

        I've searched amazon and found others:

        - Electronic Circuit and System Simulation Methods
                (1999 Reprint Edition)
                Pillage, Rohrer

        - Computer-Aided Analysis of Nonlinear Microwave Circuits (1998)
                Paulo J. C. Rodrigues
                Artech House

        My main interest is simulation of radio-frequency circuits,
        from MHz to the low GHz range, using transient analysis.

        By the way, is there any plan on adding a lossy transmission line
model to gnucap ? And about the server support or any other easier way of
controlling gnucap from a (to be done) graphical frontend?

                        Regards,
                                Nuno