[Help-gnucap] Time Complexity of dc analysis

From: Matt
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Time Complexity of dc analysis
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:03:21 -0700

Hello all,

I am using Gnucap to do a sort of network flow analysis in a very large graph structure. The edges in the graph are treated as resistive lines, and the vertices are treated as nodes in the circuit. I then perform a simple dc analysis, applying a voltage across the entire structure from the 0th node to the nth.

I was hoping to get some information on the time complexity of this dc analysis. Simple empirical measurements using a function profiler were inconclusive, and I haven't located the regions in the source code which perform the steps of the dc analysis -- in particular the Kirchoff nodal voltage bit.

I would love to find out how the time performance of this analysis varies with circuit complexity, in relation to the number of resistors in the circuit I guess, or the number of nodes and edges in graph theory terms...

If anyone can help me I'd much appreciate it.
Thanks a lot,

Matt