[Help-gnucap] Short circuit current and resistance?

From: Philip Jägenstedt
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Short circuit current and resistance?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:09:37 +0100

Hello!

I recently used gschem and gnucap to verify my homework in electronics (yes, I got it right). However there are two things I can't really figure out how to do, I suspect they are not terribly difficult and I'd like to know. I've done some reading in the manual, but it didn't help me a great deal. Attached is the gschem file and the file generated by gnetlist that I used to verify my homework.

1) If I want to see what the current through a branch which short circuits the open section to the right in my figure (i.e. short circuiting nodes 8 and 6 in the netlist), how would I do that? What I did now was I hacked it by adding a 0 ohm resistance, but I didn't think that was a very pretty solution. Since a short circuit doesn't show in the netlist as a component, I can't measure the current through it by any obvious method.

2) I'd like to measure the resistance over the two nodes in the open section to the right in my figure. I could get this by dividing the open circuit voltage over short circuit current (and this is what I did to get the answer for my homework) but I'm wondering if it's possible in some other way to measure the resistance between any two nodes in the circuit).

Thank you!

// Philip Jägenstedt
* Spice file generated by gnetlist                      *
* spice-sdb version 12.29.2003.c by SDB --              *
* provides advanced spice netlisting capability.        *
* Documentation at http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/   *
I01 6 8 3m
I02 5 9 2m
R1 9 2 12k