Re: [Help-gnucap] dev list it's dead?

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] dev list it's dead?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:46:16 -0400

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 03:42 pm, yann wrote:
> Why can i send a mail on the dev list?
>
> I send a message twice but i don't see it on the list
> I don't even see a warning or an other information
>
> Maybe  I will have more luck with the help list

Your postings were held for moderation because you are not a
member of the list, or, perhaps, you subscribed with a
different address than you posted with.  All of the gnucap
lists do this.

Non-member postings are held for moderation to prevent the lists
from being overtaken by spam.  No acknowledgement is sent,
because the addresses are usually faked, and the message would
go to an innocent victim, and it is bad practice to reply to
spam under any circumstances.