Re: [Help-gnucap] NTC and PTC

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] NTC and PTC
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:12:56 -0400

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 13:04, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> anybody have got an NTC or PTC ?
>
> I am not sure, but i found something thats looks like an NTC.
> Is the following circuit a NTC ?

What is "NTC" and "PTC"?

Let me guess .... temperature coefficient?

All of the simple elements let you
specify "TEMP", "TNOM", "DTEMP", "TC1" and "TC2".

TEMP is the temperature of the device, which overrides the
global TEMP and DTEMP.

TNOM is the temperature it is specified at.

DTEMP is the temperature rise above the global TEMP.

TC1 is the first order temperature coefficient.

TC2 is the second order temperature coefficient.

Some of this is documented in the manual.  (Behavioral modeling
chapter, section on functions.) Some is only in the development
snapshots after 0.34, so is not in the manual yet.

Some other comments based on the circuit ...

It looks like a PSPICE circuit.  It has features that exist only
in PSPICE.  These features are likely to exist soon in gnucap,
but do not now.

Gnucap does have a voltage controlled resistor element.  The
syntax is supposedly the same as HSPICE.

In gnucap, you don't need to add voltage sources as current
sensors.