Re: [Help-gnucap] plugins mingw compatibility (continue..)

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] plugins mingw compatibility (continue..)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:05:17 -0400

On Saturday 21 April 2007 04:27, leomp wrote:
> I cannot compile currently  plugins for gnucap with mingw,
> but,there  is a question....
>
> It is possible to include specifics plugins in the gnucap
> compilation , for ex. plugin located at
>
> ../gnucap-2007-03-29/plugins/spice3f5-models/jfet ?
>
> If so,what is the correct procedure? I need some clue how to
> change the makefile and etc...

Sorry about the delay in answering.  I was on vacation, away
from email.

If you are doing only one, just add the .cc file to "Make1"
(with the old build system)  or "Makefile.am" (with the
autoconf based build system).

You also need to add the .c files.  I am not sure  what other
changes are needed, but I didn't look.  The Spice .c files do
not compile as C++.

If you are using the autoconf based build system you need to
rerun autogen.sh,(which requires autoconf and automake) then
reconfigure.  If you are using the old build system, just type
make after changing Make1.

Another possibility is to link the model files to a non-shared
library, then changing the main Make1 to link that.

Static linking more than one spice model will not work because
they use the same class names, and may have name clashes
between them.  Native C++ plugins don't have this problem
because they hide the names in a private "namespace".  I could
not do this for the Spice models because of the need to share
between C and C++ code.

If you get it to work, it may be illegal to distribute a
combined executable due to license clashes.  When you combine
code that is licensed differently and distribute the combined
work, you must comply with the licenses of all parts.  If you
cannot simultaneously comply with all of the licenses, you
cannot distribute the combined work.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html