[Help-gnucap] Keyword "cold" ignored

From: Karel Kulhavy
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Keyword "cold" ignored
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:31:54 +0200

I have gnucap 0.35 that's the one which is in OpenBSD 4.0. The keyword
"cold" for transient analysis is ignored.

I have a current source of 0.5A with a capacitor 6uF in parallel. I want to
see how the capacitor gets charged to an increasing voltage. I have this
circuit file exciter.ckt:

C1 0 out 6uF
I1 0 out DC 0.5A
.OPTIONS numdgt=9 out=10000 clobber norstray
.print tran V(out)
.transient 0 1m 0.01m >sim/exciter.data Basic Quiet cold
.end

and run gnucap with the commandline
gnucap -b  exciter.ckt

The result looks like this:
#Time           V(out)
 0.             500.E+9
 10.E-6         500.E+9
[...]

Is it a bug in gnucap or is my version too old to support the "cold" keyword?
If I take the "cold" out, the simulation result is the same.

CL<