Re: [Help-gnucap] New gnucap development snapshot 2007-11-21

From: a r
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] New gnucap development snapshot 2007-11-21
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:27:46 +0000

A few notes on building.

I have extracted all tarballs into a single directory.

Gnucap build process fails on man directory due to missing TeX installation.
  -> build continues after removing man directory from the main Makefile:
      #SUBDIRS = doc examples man modelgen src
      SUBDIRS = doc examples modelgen src
      (pre-built pdf file would be useful, nevertheless)

Following files point to non-existing locations:
models-spice3f5/Gnucap
models-ngspice17/Gnucap
models-bsim/Gnucap
  -> should point to ../gnucap-2007-11-21/src
models-bsim/Include/io_trace.h
  -> should point to ../gnucap-2007-11-21/src/io_trace.h

models-ngspice17 includes multiple executable files, some of them in DOS format.

tools tarball is not documented, what I am supposed to do with it?

Is there any chance of fixing these issues in future releases? It is
getting a bit annoying to change Makefiles every time I want to try a
new version.

Cheers,
-r.