Re: [Help-gnucap] List of models?

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] List of models?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:01:48 -0500

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Anthony Tekatch wrote:
> I'm new to gnucap.
>
> Is there a way to list all the models that are compiled into
> gnucap?
>
> Also, after trying to add the 2N3904 transistor model
> supplied by Fairchild Semiconductor, I get this:
>
> $ gnucap-modelgen 2N3904.mod
> 2N3904.mod:1:
> .model 2N3904   NPN(Is=6.734f Xti=3 Eg=1.11 Vaf=74.03
> Bf=416.4 Ne=1.259 ^ ? syntax error, need head or model
>
> Is there somewhere that has a gnucap compatible models for a
> 2N3904?

That model is probably compatible.  Just include it in your
netlist.  You don't need to compile it first.

"gnucap-modelgen" is for behavioral models in a high level
behavioral modeling language.  It is really a developer tool,
not for most users.

Gnucap reads spice ".model" statements and spice ".subckt"
models directly.  Just include like you do with Spice.