[Help-gnucap] Transistor models

From: vsrk sarma
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Transistor models
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:52:27 +0530

I need help in guessing correct parameters for transistor models given in
gnucap. Specifically how does one go about utilising datasheet information
(say for 2N3553, Philips) for setting. My search helped in setting only BF,
IS and TF. Are these enough for designing a circuit working at about 100Mhz
(tuned amplifier)?
Are gnucap simulations useful for small signal operation or can they be used
for simulation of  large signal operation? Perhaps it may require variation
of hfe and jn.capacitances. Is it possible to include them in setting model
parameters?

--
vsrk sarma