Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question: using Vsupply command in batch mode?

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Newbie question: using Vsupply command in batch mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:48:02 +0200

Hi Duncan.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:05:26PM +1000, Duncan Bayne wrote:
> =====
> all:
>         gnetlist power_switch_replacement.sch -s -g spice-sdb -o
> power_switch_replacement.net
>         gnucap -i power_switch_replacement.gnucap
> =====

OT: this is "all:" and two shell commands. a Makefile would look
something like this:
==== Makefile ====
all: some_file

some_file: power_switch_replacement.gc power_switch_replacement.net
        gnucap $<

%.net: %.sch
        gnetlist $< -s -g spice-sdb -o $@
====

(note i've skipped the -i for gnucap, don't know what it does.)

> =====
> get power_switch_replacement.net
> model BC548 NPN
> Vsupply +9v 0 9
> list
> =====

without -i you may just feed commands into gnucap. like "get into spice
mode". in spice mode, commands start with '.' and Vsupply means "put a
V" named "Vsupply".
assuming power_switch_replacement.net is spice, this one might do what
you need:
====  power_switch_replacement.gc ====
spice
.include power_switch_replacement.net
.model BC548 NPN
Vsupply +9v 0 9
.list > some_file
.end
====

> (FYI, I've also posted this as a question to
> electronics.stackexchange.com at http://goo.gl/8f1bt.  Feel free to
> answer it there if you'd like the karma.)

no thanks.
if you insist, you may read this mail using a web browser here: