Re: [Help-gnucap] convergence failure?

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] convergence failure?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:29:44 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 08:47:02AM -0400, Chris Cole wrote:
> Hey all, I've spent the last day or so messing around with gschem
> and gnucap trying to simulate a half wave rectifier circuit. I'm
> attaching what I have so far...the problem I'm seeing is with
> running a transient analysis. If my sine wave voltage goes over 10
> Volts, I get the convergence error...under 10 Volts and I can run
> without a problem? I'm sure it's something stupid. Hopefully
> somebody has seen something of this nature before. All you should
> have to do to replicate the problem is run 'make' inside the
> extracted folder. I have the sine voltage set to 11 V, so the error
> should appear.

Hi Chris.

i never used anything beyond \pm 5V. my guess is voltage limiting in
COMPONENT::volts_limited in e_compon.cc.

this function cuts down voltages using _sim->_vmin and _sim->_vmax,
which i guess come from OPT::_vmin/max, see u_opt2.cc. try something like
"options vm{in,ax}=20" respectively. read the manual...?

regards
felix