Re: [Help-gnucap] Output buffer size

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Output buffer size
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 22:13:24 -0400

On Friday 19 October 2012, Romain GAILLETON wrote:
> got an issue, when using huge amount of nodes the output of
> gnucap is  formated like this
>
> v(1) .......................... v(n)\n\r
> + v(n+1) ...................... v(m)
>
> by any change, would there be a way to change the output
> buffer size to  avoid this sequence please ? "\r\n+ "

option outwidth=_____

The default value is 9999 (characters).  You have a lot of data
there.  It might be a good idea to carefully select fewer
probes.  In my experience, when the circuit is that big, I don't
really want to look at all that.  It runs faster if you reduce
the output data.

Speaking of reducing the output data ......  If you are doing a
transient analysis, specify "trace all" on the transient
command, which prints all time steps including the hidden ones
(which increases the data) then specify a huge step size, and
let gnucap's automatic step control determine what is needed.
Usually, you get all of better accuracy, faster run time, and
smaller output data.