Re: [Help-gnucap] Custom Verilog-A model with NGSpice, stack error

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Custom Verilog-A model with NGSpice, stack error
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 02:31:44 -0400

On Friday 26 October 2012, brettf wrote:
> > I'm having a problem compiling my custom verilogA file into
> > NGSpice.   I can't really find any documentation on the
> > XML files (which is where my problem is).  Lets start with
> > my additions:

You ask about NGspice, but you have a "wrapper.h" which is a
gnucap thing, so I am assuming that you are trying to use ADMS
to generate a NGspice model to link with spice-wrapper.cc so you
can use it as a gnucap plugin.

As I understand (could be wrong) the .xml file in ADMS
configures the interface to the target simulator.  It's done
once for that simulator, then works for all models.  There is no
model specific code in the .xml.

Ideally, a new .xml would be written to generate gnucap code.

If you want to discuss porting ADMS to gnucap further, it is
probably best to take it to the gnucap-devel list, which
welcomes heavy technical discussions.   This list is intended to
be newbie-friendly, so we like to keep it light.

As to that error message you are getting ...  I have no idea.