[Help-gnucap] Cross compiling

From: romain . gailleton
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Cross compiling
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:12:06 +0100

Hey guys,

I've been cross compiling gnucap from Linux to Windows using mingw32.

I had to make some changes to the source code (adding few #include <ctime> for instance)
and some other changes to the Make2.mingw32 to make it work.

I'm going to document how i did this for a "personal" use.
Would you like me to send this back to you so you can consider what i had to do for a future change ?
Or should i make a wiki page about how I cross compiled it ?

Anyway I have a wierd result which will be kinda hard to explain, so please bear with me.

####################

I was using a version of gnucap I don't know anything about (compilation wise). I just happened to have the .exe file (GNUCAP 2009.12.07 RCS 26.136).

When I use this version and displaying result on a big circuit i have this behaviour :

assume i'm doing a tran 1 1 and print all nodes :

the "#time ..." line is printed really fast
then it poses a bit.
the " 0. ..." line is printed really fast
then it poses a bit.
the " 1. ..." line is also printed really fast

then i go back to the gnucap prompt.

tran time : 1.83

status says :

queue : 0.01
lu : 1.67
back : 0.05
output : 0.05
overhead : 0.05

others are at 0

####################

So now I'm using my cross-compiled version (GNUCAP 2009.12.07 RCS 26.136) (anyhow i still have the same result, even using the native gnucap launcher on linux or gnucap.exe in wine or a version I compiled directly into windows.)

still doing tran 1 1 and print all nodes :

all the lines get printed in a single row and it takes time to get displayed.

total time : 7.76

status says :

lu = 1.54
output = 3.63
overhead = 2.53

other are 0 or close to it.

Would anyone happen to have an idea about why this happens and maybe how to solve this !

And as always : Thank you for your answer !