Re: [Help-gnucap] Cross compiling

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Cross compiling
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:54:45 -0500

On Tuesday 29 January 2013, address@hidden wrote:
> I had to make some changes to the source code (adding few
> #include <ctime> for instance)
> and some other changes to the Make2.mingw32 to make it work.

Thanks ....  some headers are included by other headers on some
systems.

> I'm going to document how i did this for a "personal" use.
> Would you like me to send this back to you so you can
> consider what i had to do for a future change ?
> Or should i make a wiki page about how I cross compiled it ?

It will change with the next release, which splits out libraries
and plugins.  Yes .. I need your help.

> I was using a version of gnucap I don't know anything about
> (compilation wise). I just happened to have the .exe file
> (GNUCAP 2009.12.07 RCS 26.136).
>
> tran time : 1.83
>
> status says :
>
> queue : 0.01
> lu : 1.67
> back : 0.05
> output : 0.05
> overhead : 0.05
>
> others are at 0

This is running on a PC with MS-windows????

> ####################
>
> So now I'm using my cross-compiled version (GNUCAP 2009.12.07
> RCS 26.136) (anyhow i still have the same result, even using
> the native gnucap launcher on linux or gnucap.exe in wine or
> a version I compiled directly into windows.)

> total time : 7.76
>
> status says :
>
> lu = 1.54
> output = 3.63
> overhead = 2.53

This is running on wine????

The difference in lu is probably just differences in
optimization or CPU.

The others .. I/O ... probably you are seeing wine overhead,
which apparently is included in those times.