Re: [Help-gnucap] [help-gnucap] gnucap development snapshot 2013-04-23

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] [help-gnucap] gnucap development snapshot 2013-04-23
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:19:55 +0200

Hi Al.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:04:23PM -0400, al davis wrote:
> There is a new development snapshot available ...
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2013-04-23.tar.gz

thats great news.

> This snapshot splits the code into sections "lib", "apps", "main".

i'll post some questions about that on gnucap-devel.

> Installation (still "make install") installs the parts as expected.
> It also installs the header files in $PREFIX/include/gnucap, to build
> plugins.

didn't work for me.

> Although it does not use autoconf, the configure/make procedure is the
> same as it would be with autoconf.

i have (quickly) ported the old .36 autoconf system to the new snapshot.
don't expect it to work better than yours, but it works for me and is
extensible [1]. its based on the git repo used for debian-packaging, here
all the other tarballs are imported as well.

> This snapshot lifts the biggest block that has been getting in the way
> of a stable release.

lets use gnucap-devel for this...

regards
felix

[1] git://tool.em.cs.uni-frankfurt.de/git/gnucap_deb (build branch)