[Help-gnucap] diode models

From: John Griessen
Subject: [Help-gnucap] diode models
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:49:52 -0500

I've used the 1n4004 model in a simulation and would like to put in a more
accurate representation
of the high voltage diode I use.

Where is good documentation on spice models, or is it a good time to start
using gnucap
native models to enter data from a part datasheet?

If native is good to use, the
http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:manual:examples:nonlinear_devices_--_diodes
page does not go into it.  Is there more documentation on native model
parameters?

If this is not commonly done, then I will work around it by a crude
substitution of as many 1n4004 diodes as model the volt drop.
I wonder if that will give trouble calculating... will the volt drop spread
evenly...probably yes since identical models.