[Help-gnunet] NOTE in junktion with logrotate

From: Christian Muellner
Subject: [Help-gnunet] NOTE in junktion with logrotate
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:21:27 +0000

You must use the 'copytruncate' command in your logrotate.conf.
If not you gnunetd will not write a new logfile until it has been restarted,
because logrotate remove the original file completely. With 'copytruncate' it
sets its size to zero. Some programs (like gnunetd) need this.

-------------  My configfile looks like  ---------

compress

/var/log/gnunet/gnunet.log {

        rotate 2
        size=75k
        copytruncate
        }
That generates max. 2 compresses logfiles if the original logfile has more
than 75k.

------------   My Crontab -----------------------

# Logrotate fuer gnunet logfile
*/30 * * * * /usr/sbin/logrotate /home/chris/.gnunet/gnunet.logrotate.conf
-s/var/log/gnunet/status /

This runs the logrotate all 30 minutes (with DEBUGLEVEL=9 you got BIG
logfiles), i hope. Soon i will see.

BTW: On my Debian/Woody system i must restart the cron-daemon before it
recognize my crontab. Is this normal?? I think not.

Happy logging and debugging :-)

--

GnuPG-User