Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 10:58:35 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> Note that the message above is just a warning, the node is operating just
> fine. The warning just indicates one place where the node may operate more
> efficiently. The limit of 8092 entries is also limiting the degree of
> anonymity your node can achieve when facing a strong adversary (the number of
> messages that you can route simultaneously is 8000, thus the adversary has to
> identify your message(s) in "only" up to 8000 other messages).
> Other than ignore the 'warning' (which is perfectly feasible), currently your
> best chance is to increase the indirection table size (in
> src/include/config.h). In the future, I would like to see the table grow 'if
> memory constraints permit it'.

Here's another ignorant question. ;) Is the indirection table usage
taken into account in economics? Perhaps we should, in addition
to watching available bandwidth, also have entries_used -ratio
(or something based on number of collisions lately) of the
indirection table, and if its high, behave in a similar manner
as when the bandwidth is used up?

Igor