Re: [Help-gnunet] udp traffic on port 65535

From: Peter Presslein
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] udp traffic on port 65535
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:49:21 +0200

Am Dienstag, 6. August 2002 04:23 schrieb Christian Grothoff:

Hello again :-)

> > since i installed gnunet 0.4.4 i have a lot of udp traffic
> > on port 65535 going outside to other nodes.

> The UDP port to send traffic out on is chosen mostly at random by the
> kernel (GNUnet does as far as I recall not specify that 2086 should be
> used for outbound traffic).

The problem with udp traffic on port 65535 is that kernel 2.2.18
does not allow it. It's a kernel bug, and i haven't found anything
to solve this problem. Is it possible to make gnunetd to use the
ports 1024-65354 only? (for other 2.2.18 users and me :-)

It seems, that gnunetd forces the use of free ports from higher
to lower ports. With a random search for free ports the problem
with port 65535 wouldn't happen so often, i think.

The problem is still the same with gnunet-0.4.5. And - as others
wrote - there is no connect with 0.4.5 to other hosts.

[ ] I want to update my server to a newer kernel
[ ] I want to have a look into the sources of gnunet
[X] I want to use gnunet

;-)

regards

  Peter