Re: [Help-gnunet] how fast should gnunet be?

From: Christian Muellner
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] how fast should gnunet be?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:37:53 +0200

Hi all!

On Friday 30 August 2002 12:36, you wrote:

> That should be a good start. Anyone with some bandwidth could do
> it. The common excuse for running such a site is just claiming
> that it does not distribute actual content, but only information
> related to it. I think that on the german gnunet page (see links on
> gnunet homepage) there's a forum for publishing keys, but that does
> not help much if the inserters do not support their content
> by keeping their gnunet nodes up long enough for the content
> to be distributed to other nodes. Eventually any popular
> content should be able to survive on its own, but that does
> ofcourse not happen if it has never been downloaded from
> the original node except for the root block. And just that
> root block is currently enough to make it stand out as a
> result in searches. :(

I asked some days before how about content migration.
I have 10 GB and now I want 5 GB for my Indexing/Inserting (so I am sure the
content is available (If I am online) an never get old, like freenet I guess).
And the other 5 GB I want for data migration. So the content would be MUCH
more available and GNUnet would get more attractive.
This should be always changeable to be flexible!
At the moment it's hard to get just a single small file out of it.

BTW since 2 weeks a have only ~ 1-4 connected hosts.

Chris

--

GnuPG-User
Key: www.cryss.net/pubring.gpg