Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:11:57 -0700

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:02:30PM -0500, Christian Grothoff spake thusly:
> I think the message is confusing & we should devise a better one (and add a
> rate-limiter for not printing it too often). You will *never* be able to set

Understood.

> Well, you don't know what bandwidth the other side had, do you? How much of
> your bandwidth was used at that time? (and did you run 0.4.6c?).

The other side must have been using a 9600 baud modem because it was
pathetic. :) And I was trying to download around 8 files. Only 5 ever
actually started receiving data after a couple of hours and those five
only received a hundred k or so each. Odds are the files were coming from
different places so they should not have all been incredibly slow.

Practically none of my bandwidth was used at the time. I am using 0.4.6c.

Also, I notice that as soon as I start a download a file is created with
the proper size. I assume it is then filled in with the data as it
arrives. What is the reason for this? At first I thought WOW this is fast!
But when I inspected the file contents it was all nulls. Then hours later
I still hadn't received even half of the file.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org