Re: [Help-gnunet] Some questions

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Some questions
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 02:36:57 -0500

On Friday 31 January 2003 11:49 pm, Tom Barnes-Lawrence wrote:
> Hi, I've got a few:
>
>  If I select content migration, then most blocks of search results and
> content that pass through my node should end up stored in my database,
> and if my node can respond to queries using those blocks, then I
> get credit, right?

Yes.

>  And the fact that I'm on dial-up with dynamic-IP and only online
> for some of the time shouldn't make my node any less likely to
> receive requests for those blocks that end up migrating to it, right?

Right.

>  I notice that the mimetype appears in search responses, and is used as
> one of the keywords that libextractor adds when inserting content.
> If a file has foo/bar as its mimetype, searches for foo or bar won't
> *automatically* work, will they?

No, they may not work.

>  Is that "content bloomfilter" purely for the root-nodes of the files
> rather than the actual data blocks?
> Because I inserted a 14 K (or so) test file today, and gnunet-stats
> just shows *1* item added for the content bloomfilter.

That would be the "super-query". Up to 25 leaves (a 1k) are summarized with
just one entry in the content bloomfilter. The summary is also called the
"super query".

> The *keyword* bloomfilter shows lots of hits, misses and adds.
> Furthermore, I'm downloading stuff. I keep expecting the migrated
> content to show up in some way on the stats (like in the bloomfilter)

Downloaded content will only show up in the *keyword* bloomfilter, which is in
this case slightly misnamed. A better description would be the "single block
filter". Since you receive content one block at a time (without reliable
super-query information), that content is stored as a single blocks in the
gdbm/tdb database and flagged in what you call the keyword bloomfilter.

>  Is there an up-to-date list of known bugs, so I can know which things
> are worth mentioning? For instance, the 70K or so of warnings
> accumulated in my logs.

Put whatever you have into Mantis, this will allow the largest number of
people to see the problems and to catch up on how they are being addressed
(or when). (http://www.ovmj.org/~mantis/)

Christian