[Help-gnunet] bandwidth saturation

From: Lance Simmons
Subject: [Help-gnunet] bandwidth saturation
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:34:41 -0500

I've set up a GNUnet node, and it is completely saturating my bandwidth.
I've got a dsl connection, and as soon as I start the node, my ping
times to my gateway leap from the normal 25 ms to a frightening 10-20
seconds.  I've turned off everything else that could be consuming
bandwidth -- GNUnet is the culprit.  Since I connect to this machine
remotely, such high latency isn't really an option for me.

Is the default gnunet.conf file inappropriate for a home dsl connection?
I've tried lowering the MAXNETUPBPSTOTAL and MAXNETDOWNBPSTOTAL from
50000 to 5000, but that hasn't helped the problem.  Is there some other
setting I need to change?

--
Lance Simmons
Irving, Texas