[Help-gnunet] system requirements

From: dot
Subject: [Help-gnunet] system requirements
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:07:11 +1100

Hi

I am considering buying a new machine to use as a gnunet peer.

Is the suggestion in the AFS docs of 250k per indexed gig referring to RAM
or disk?
I also see about 148MB used by gdbm for a 100MB file.

Does that mean I need (excluding OS requirements):

~148 MB of disk per MB of inserted data (gdbm)
~250k of RAM per GB of inserted data

So 10G inserted data needs ~14.8G disk space + 2.5M RAM

That doesn't seem like enough memory. Have I misunderstood something
here?

Thanks.