[Help-gnunet] finding files & database management

From: Benjamin Kay
Subject: [Help-gnunet] finding files & database management
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:26:18 +0000

With very little content currently on GNUnet, finding files isn't easy. To
complicate things, keyword matching in a search seems to be explicit and case
sensitive. To make files I insert/index easier to find, I try to include as
many relevant keywords as possible - but inevitably, I still think of a few
additional keywords after I've inserted/indexed the file. The same goes for
file descriptions. I know I can reinsert the file with the new keywords and
descriptions, but that is costly in terms of processing time and requires
meticulous record keeping on my part (I need to keep track of under what
description and keywords the original file was inserted). Is there a way to
modify the description and/or keywords of an inserted or indexed file without
reinsertion? How about a way to view the descriptions and keywords of indexed
files?

Along the same lines, is there a way to reindex a downloaded file without,
well... reindexing it? I'm guessing that on nodes with content migration
enabled, downloaded content gets inserted into the migration database.
Perhaps there is a way to make it permanent on that node (index it) without
wasting all that time manually reindexing it? And is it possible to reindex
such files under their original descriptions and keywords?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!