Re: [Help-gnunet] error messages

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] error messages
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:29:18 -0500

On Sunday 11 April 2004 17:18, Lance Simmons wrote:
> I'm getting the following errors when trying to start gnunetd:
>
> Apr 11 17:06:34 WARNING: scanDirectory /var/lib/GNUnet/data/hosts/ returned
> no known hosts! Apr 11 17:06:34 ERROR: Could not open library
> libgnunettransport_udp (file not found)! Apr 11 17:06:34 ERROR: Could not
> resolve method _inittransport_udp (invalid module handle)! Apr 11 17:06:34
> FATAL: Transport module udp did not provide required inittransport_udp
> function Apr 11 17:06:34 __BREAK__ at logging.c:240
>
> I'm using the Debian package and have already submitted a bug report,
> but is there a chance this problem isn't a bug but is due to
> misconfiguration on my part?

Well, I installed the .DEB myself and I have a similar problem in that the
plugin mechanism does not seem to work with the debs.  But my error is
different, so it could be something else.

A typical problem we had with libraries that gave an error-message like the
one above is that somebody had an older, incompatible version of the
libraries installed (/usr/local/lib? $LD_LIBRARY_PATH?) and that this version
was found and used instead of the one installed by debian (/usr/lib).  Having
the linker load the old version then typically leads to the problem above.

Hope this helps...

Christian