[Help-gnunet] gnunet-download faulty server connection

From: Benjamin Kay
Subject: [Help-gnunet] gnunet-download faulty server connection
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 19:50:16 +0000

The new version of gnunet-download definitely has better memory management, an
improvement that has allowed for download speeds from a mysql database in
excess of 900 kbps. The bad news is that I get one of these:
May 6 19:42:08 WARNING: readTCPResult failed, server closed connection
one of these:
May 6 19:42:10 WARNING: receiveThread at requestmanager.c:666 could not read
data from gnunetd, is the server running?
and one of these:
May 6 19:42:14 WARNING: could not send request to gnunetd, is it running?
every few seconds. However I don't get very many messages relating the
progress of the download.
Meanwhile, gnunet-stats shows ordinary cpu usage and uptimes in excess of an
hour. So this definitely isn't a waiting-for-gnunetd-to-start-up issue.

This didn't happen to me prior to veriosn 0.6.2 (unless gnunetd was, in fact,
not running, which is not the case now). Has anyone else noticed this? Should
I file a bug report? What's happening on line 666? Who let the devil into the
requestmanager anyway?

Regards,
Benjamin Kay