[Help-gnunet] NAT clarification

From: Brent Miller
Subject: [Help-gnunet] NAT clarification
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:25:13 -0700

from contrib/gnunet.root under the [NAT] section:

> Set this only to YES if other peers
> can not contact you directly via TCP or UDP.
> If you set this to NO, you should also set the
> TCP and UDP port to '0' to indicate that you
> can not accept inbound connections.

Shouldn't that read "If you set this to YES, you should also set the
TCP and UDP port to '0'..."?

If I am *not* NAT'ed (or can forward the appropriate ports), I would set
"LIMITED = NO", right? So why would I set my TCP and UDP ports to 0 to
indicate that I cannot accept connections when I can? Is this a typo, or
am I misunderstanding something?

Also, if I set the UDP port to 0, (LIMITED = YES or NO) gnunetd tells me:
Jun  9 16:45:20 Cannot determine port to bind to.  Define in
configuration file
in section UDP under PORT or in /etc/services under udp/gnunet.
Jun  9 16:45:20 __BREAK__ at logging.c:241

Should I just disable udp if I'm stuck behind a NAT?

Thanks,
Brent