Re: [Help-gnunet] DB_DBT_MALLOC

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] DB_DBT_MALLOC
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:44:20 +0530

On Thursday 05 Aug 2004 12:39 pm, uc\.sheda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build GNUnet-0.6.3a on OpenBSD 3.4.
> The make process fail in directory src/applications/afs and
> say that DB_DBT_MALLOC and some other symbols are undefined.
> Could you give me informations about the lib defining this
> symbols? Is it related to Berkeley Database (BDB)?
> It appear that my /usr/include/db.h doesn't define this
> symbols at all...

Yes, that constant should definitively be defined in 'db.h'.  Can you report
what version of libdb you are using?  (BDB is rather messy in terms of the
nubmer of libraries and incompatibilities, so the configure tests are likely
not perfect; what you could try to do is use --without-bdb when running
configure, that should disable using BDB).  Nils may also have some good
ideas.

Christian