Re: [Help-gnunet] Discouraging results

From: N. Durner
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Discouraging results
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:02:15 +0100

1. After 50 mins., "gnunet-search whitepaper" gave no result, not even
  The GNet Whitepaper http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/download/main.ps,
  which is what I wanted.
Perhaps it doesn't exist in GNUnet?

2. "gnunet-search gnunet" gave results, but a "gnunet-download"
  attempt on the first of them gave nothing but empty files after
  several hours.
See http://www.ovmj.org/~mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=760

3. "gnunet-insert gnunet_0.6.4a.orig.tar.gz" ended in a segmentation
  fault, leaving nothing behind that looks like a "gnunet directory".
Please send us a stacktrace:
---
gdb gnunet-insert
run gnunet_0.6.4a.orig.tar.gz
ba
---
(see http://www.ovmj.org/GNUnet/faq.php3?xlang=English#bugs)

4. "gnunet-check -a" failed at logging.

Much more detail is available (lots of this was scripted), but since
something is apparently very wrong here, I won't clutter the mail.
The more information we get the more we can help you.

Thanks,

   Nils