[Help-gnunet] libextractor

From: Sebastian Spaeth
Subject: [Help-gnunet] libextractor
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 08:36:54 +0100

I do understand the purpose of libextrctor: to recognize a file type by its content. However, what are the advantages of libextractor over 'file'?
 Because it recognizes more file types? (Then why not extend file)
 Because it can be integrated as a library? (couldn't file be simply piped)

I'm not negative, just curious here. Plus, I'd like to avoid many redundant programs on my box when there is already one which tries to do the job.

Sebastian