[Help-gnunet] Namespaces management

From: Milan
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Namespaces management
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:44:09 +0200

Hi all !

I tried to use namespaces to see if it was easy to manage, and I wasn't
able to create one and add content to it. Many features of namespaces
aren't explained cleary on the website, and tooltips are missing in the
dialogs.

So I created one easily, I was happy to see what it was shown without
error, but when I added to content to it, I was not able to find the
content by a search. When I select the namespace in the combo box of the
search tab, it adds an Id to the search entry. I guess launching this
search should return the Root of the namespace, thus list al its
content. Is it right ? Well, at this point there's a display problem,
since the very very long ID makes the window be larger thanb the screen,
this ID souhld be trunkated or (better) replaced by "Root". So here I
don't see the files I added.

Then, I try to search the files I added one by one, using their
keywords. But this does not work. Can I find the files using the
keywords they were using on the global namespace ? Or using the metadata
they're using in the namespace ?

All this should be clear, I think this feature is great, and it just
needs more documentation/tooltips/tweaks. I can change the tooltips in a
sense I would have understood if you explain me how all this is working.

Thanks