[Help-gnunet] Can Gnunet or any other file storage and distribution tech

From: Paul Jason
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Can Gnunet or any other file storage and distribution technology platform help solve this issue?
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 19:55:31 -0700

I am helping out a open data science project. The project has a lot of users, but the amount of data being dumped on the server is growing a lot faster than the monetary support.

I was thinking that perhaps there is a way to use distributed file storage (bittorrent, ZeroNet, IPFS, GNUnet) etc here to reduce the load while preserving the current file distribution architecture..

The server is set up to allow visitors to the site to click and save files (sizes vary from MB to 10s of GB). I am curious to know if there is any opensource platform which can provide a similar frontend (being able to click and save large files) while storing the files on a distributed peer-to-peer network?

I noticed zeronet, but it seems at the moment, it is limited to 10MB files..

There is not much concern about privacy or anonymity, as these files are not IP protected..

Can this be done in Gnunet? Or is there a more appropriate platform I should look int?

Sorry if I am using incorrect jargon.. I am very new to file storage and distribution..

Thanks

Paul