Are names unique in EGO?

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Are names unique in EGO?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 22:25:44 +0200

Hey,

I would like to add authentication and encryption to a chat-client with
CADET. If I understood the docs correctly then the messages are only
signed by the key from a peer.

I thought I could use EGO for that but I'm not sure if the names get
checked for doubles before creation of an ego. I would guess they
aren't and if they weren't I would ask how some of you would think
about this procedure:

 1. Alice asks Bob for his public-PGP-key and his public-EGO-key.
 2. Bob responds with his key.
 3. Alice sends her public-PGP-key and related email-address of her
PGP-keypair, encrypted with Bobs public-PGP-key.
 4. Bob sends a mail encrypted with Alices public-PGP-key and signed
with his private-PGP-key. The content of the mail is a token only Alice
can read.
 5. Alice sends the token (only if it was Bobs signature) to Bob and
her public-EGO-key, encrypted with Bobs public-EGO-key.
 6. Bob sends (only if the token matches) a symmetric key back for
further communication, encrypted with Alices public-EGO-key and
remembers Alice-EGO-key matching to her email-address.

 * So in later stages Alice would not need any email-traffic for
verification her key belongs to her and she could use an EGO-key which
could be deleted much safer to make sure of forward-secrecy.

Maybe this is unnecessary or I miss a flaw in this model. So a response
would be great then I could start implementing a solution.

Best regards,
Tobias Frisch

PS: I would probably use GPGMe to implement the custom procedure
because it has a pretty good API like GNUnet.