Minimum viable GNS deployment

From: Chris Joel
Subject: Minimum viable GNS deployment
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 11:18:28 -0800

Hello,

I'm interested in trying out GNS as a name system for an application I'm making. I have played around a little bit with Gnunet, but I'm still very new to it and I still have a lot to learn about its architecture and configuration.

I understand that Gnunet runs many services that have a hierarchical dependency relationship. I was wondering two things:

What is the minimum set of services needed to run a viable GNS peer?

...and...

What is the best way to configure Gnunet to only run those services needed for GNS?

Kind regards,

Chris Joel