Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: Determining whether gnunet is connected
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 08:29:14 +0000

Hi,

yes our bootstrap peer is acting up lately.
We will try and set it up again for the 0.16.0 release this weekend.

BR
Martin

> On 26. Feb 2022, at 02:04, Bob Ham <rah@settrans.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> That prints nothing:
>
>  $ gnunet-core
>  $
>
> Presumably that means there are no connected peers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>

> On 25/02/2022 18:53, Schanzenbach, Martin wrote:
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> in order to check if you currently have any neighbours (directly connected
>> peers)
>> you can try:
>>
>> $ gnunet-core
>>
>> BR
>> Martin
>>
>>> On 25. Feb 2022, at 19:26, Bob Ham <rah@settrans.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> After having a lot of issues compiling and running different versions
>>> of gnunet sources and packages, I've finally managed to compile the
>>> latest git.  Lots of services are running:
>>>
>>> $ gnunet-arm -I
>>> Services (excluding stopped services):
>>> (started: 25 / stopped: 21)
>>> ats (binary='gnunet-service-ats', status=started)
>>> cadet (binary='gnunet-service-cadet', status=started)
>>> core (binary='gnunet-service-core', status=started)
>>> datastore (binary='gnunet-service-datastore', status=started)
>>> dht (binary='gnunet-service-dht', status=started)
>>> fs (binary='gnunet-service-fs', status=started)
>>> gns (binary='gnunet-service-gns', status=started)
>>> hostlist (binary='gnunet-daemon-hostlist', status=started)
>>> identity (binary='gnunet-service-identity', status=started)
>>> namecache (binary='gnunet-service-namecache', status=started)
>>> namestore (binary='gnunet-service-namestore', status=started)
>>> nat (binary='gnunet-service-nat', status=started)
>>> nse (binary='gnunet-service-nse', status=started)
>>> peerinfo (binary='gnunet-service-peerinfo', status=started)
>>> peerstore (binary='gnunet-service-peerstore', status=started)
>>> reclaim (binary='gnunet-service-reclaim', status=started)
>>> resolver (binary='gnunet-service-resolver', status=started)
>>> rest (binary='gnunet-rest-server', status=started)
>>> revocation (binary='gnunet-service-revocation', status=started)
>>> setu (binary='gnunet-service-setu', status=started)
>>> statistics (binary='gnunet-service-statistics', status=started)
>>> topology (binary='gnunet-daemon-topology', status=started)
>>> transport (binary='gnunet-service-transport', status=started)
>>> zonemaster (binary='gnunet-service-zonemaster', status=started)
>>> zonemaster-monitor (binary='gnunet-service-zonemaster-monitor',